Rec Direct - Review about Hot Tub from Chester, Virginia

19 of 27 Rec Direct reviews

Update added by user Jun 11, 2015

They came out 2 days ago and finally saw that our tub was leaking and because of the leak it shorted out our audio BUT they have promised to fix it. Now our lounger side jets don't work.

Original review posted by user Jun 05, 2015

Having the same problem with lights and audio.It worked fine for about 2 months and then the lights started flickering and then audio cut off and wouldn't work.

Then we had a problem with it leaking water. When the service guy came out I was inside and he knocked on the door to ask me about my audio problem. I couldn't remember which connection I had been using for TWO MONTHS and only had 2 to choose from not to mention my 17 yr old daughter who knows her electronics.. But all of a sudden it magically worked again.

He then claimed claimed the leak was due to my husband not securing the plug when we refilled it and wanted to charge $130.00 for a service charge. My husband refused to pay it because everyone at one point could connect to the hot tub via bluetooth and then nobody could. Wally in the Fredricksburg office basically said it was because of our stupidity that they had to send someone out and he was voiding our warranty because we were refusing to pay. WELL two days later we still have water build up around the hot tub and now you can litterally hear it leaking sometimes from inside near the motor!

Our audio still doesn't work again and the lights flickered and briefly shut off before the radio cut off. I don't think they can blame our "stupidity" on this one! We've been calling since the beginning of May and Wally "claims" he came out may 22nd and there was no leak. I'm a stay home mom and don't go anywhere during the day how the *** did I miss him?

And why is it STILL leaking? It's not worth the discount to put up with this hassel!

To anyone else going to use this company, make sure your documenting everything with pictures and witnesses.My name is Sarah Maitland from Richmond, Va by the way..

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 27 Rec Direct reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.